My Superbowl Lineup - BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches

We had a great spread for the Superbowl. Truthfully, I could care less about the Superbowl, but it's a good day to say thank you to the hubby and let him have a guy day. It was so easy too! I did all of the prep work the night before while the kids watched a movie. Then on Sunday all I had to do was cook the Mushrooms and put everything onto trays. Here's the lineup:
Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Garden Salad
Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
Chunky Fresh Salsa
Mini Cheese Balls
Fresh Fruit dipped in Raspberry Yogurt
BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches

Enough boneless pork roast or boneless spareribs or any other really cheap pork cut of meat to feed your croud. I'd say about 1 lb per adult and 1/2 lb. per kid.

Your favorite BBQ Sauce.

Yummy rolls. I used French bread rolls.

Do this right before you go to bed. Place meat into a heavy duty foil envelope with all seems sealed tightly. In a large crockpot place a few canning jar ring lids on bottom to keep roast from cooking too much on the bottom. Pour water in to just cover the lids. Place meat on top of rings and put lid on the crockpot. Cook on low for about 13 hours. Remove foil envelope, rings, and water. Drain and reserve juice from the meat and place meat back into the crockpot. Separate the fat from juice and put the juice back with the meat. Keep warm until ready to serve. Serve on a bun then top with BBQ sauce. Yummy and easy!

Comments

DenĂ©e Tyler said…
Cindy, I think the key must be the cheap cut. Every time I try to make this with a more expensive (leaner) roast, it turns out terrible. So, I'll just have to get as good as you are at skimming off the fat.