The Dreaded "Low Carb" Diet

I have been taking a "blog break" for.... quite some time now, but I am excited to share some new recipes with all of you.  My hubby has decided to go "low carb".  That might as well say "low happiness" in my head.  I love every form of carb.  All of them.  I really want to support my hubby in his quest for health, so I decided to give it a try.  So far... for him: 26 lbs down. for me: 9 lbs down.  Crazy! I always knew I had a carb problem, but I had no idea how bad it was until I went without.  Guess what?  It's not that hard to give them up.  But, it would be infinitely harder if we weren't doing this together.  This is a lifestyle that I think we will both maintain for the rest of our lives. 

Hello, my name is Cindy and I am a Carbaholic. 
I am 14 days sober and 9 lbs down.
 
Like any respectable carbaholic, I hit the internet looking for awesome cheats!  First I found this one. 
 
Low Carb Chocolate Ice Cream
(doesn't it look awesome?!)
So creamy and chocolaty... Mmmm....
Nope!  IT WAS TERRIBLE! 
 Homemade Greek Yogurt Chocolate "Ice Cream" One cup almond milk   3/4 cup non fat greek yogourt   2 tbsp cocoa powder   2 tsp sweetener   1 tsp vanilla extract   A pinch of salt
So the search continued.  Next I found this little number.
 
Low Carb Cheesecake
This one looked promising... Cheesecake is pretty low carb anyway...
 
Loved it!
Find this awesome recipe here!
Food Network low carb cheesecake
 

Comments

Wow, I don't know how people manage to lose weight so fast like that! It's a s-l-o-w proccess for me, but low-carb is the only thing that seems to make the scale budge, even a teensy bit, so it's worth it (for now, at least!).

And boy oh boy are you right about the recipes on the internet! They are hit, or big-time MISS. So, so many things that have luscious-looking pics turn out tasting like cardboard (actually, I'd prefer cardboard over some of the experiments we've tried...). Thanks for sharing, and keep it up, please!