Carrot Cake Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting

So I tried an online recipe for this and let's just say it didn't go well...
I'm thinking I needed more flour???
So, I pulled out the old stand by boxed cake mix and it went much better from there. Now, on the other hand, the frosting recipe is great! I think that the white chocolate really adds something to the traditional cream cheese icing. I also liked the splash of Orange Extract. Although I did cut the amount in half that it called for and even then I think I would add just a little less next time. This frosting recipe is a keeper! Great for Carrot Cake or Orange Rolls. If you leave out the Orange Extract it would be great for cinnamon rolls or brownies or pretty much anything else.
2 oz. White Chocolate
1 - 8 oz. pkg. Cream Cheese - softened
1/2 C. Butter - softened
1 tsp. Vanilla
A small 1/4 tsp. Orange Extract
2 lbs Powdered Sugar
2 T Cream or Milk
Melt chocolate in a bowl over boiled water. Set aside to cool. In mixing bowl cream together butter and cream cheese. Add Vanilla, orange extract, and chocolate. Slowly add in powdered sugar until all is incorporated. Add cream or milk to reach the desired consistency.
Frost prepared Carrot Cake Cupcakes and sprinkle with chopped walnuts and shaved white chocolate. Yummy!
Tip: Shave chocolate with a vegetable peeler.
Tip 2: To help cupcakes reach maximum height whip butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy then mix in dry.

Comments

Judy and KC said…
Yum!!! I can't wait to try this - you can't go wrong with white chocolate.