Chili & Cornbread

The perfect fall meal. MMMmm... so good there will never be leftovers.
I like to start with the cornbread then make the chili while it's cooking.

Cornbread
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
1/2 C. Cornmeal
2 Cups Bisquick Or Krusteaz
1 C. Flour
3/4 tsp Baking Powder (Leave this out if you are using Krusteaz)
2 1/4 Cubes Butter - Melted
1 1/2 Cups Milk
3 eggs


Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl and then mix wet in a smaller bowl. Pour wet into dry and mix. Do not over mix, it should be lumpy. Place in un-greased 9x13 pan and cook at 350* for 30 to 40 minutes.

Next the Chili: I love my Chili Recipe. It's kind of a fresher take. And I don't want to brag or anything, but my chili won first place in my ward's chili cook off.

Chili:
Make chili and let simmer until the cornbread is ready.

Serve chili over bread or on the side. Yummy!!!

Comments

Allison said…
My brother and Sis-in-love have started making their corn bread as waffles for chili or beef stew... It works great and you have lots of crispy little pieces (the best) with your stew/chili!