Biscuits

Served warm with sausage gravy, with butter and fresh raspberry jam or honey, or maybe as a dessert with whipped cream and fresh fruit. Any way you like 'em they are great! Here is the batch of biscuits that I made today... As you can see there is only one left.
2 C. Flour
1 T. Baking Powder
2 tsp. Sugar
1/2 tsp. Cream of Tartar (I usually leave this out)
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 C. Shortening, margarine, or butter
2/3 C. Milk

In med. bowl mix dry ingredients. Add shortening and cut in with pastry knife or two butter knives until butter is evenly distributed and resembles crumbs. Make a shallow well in center and pour milk in all at once. Stir with fork just until dough clings together. DO NOT OVER MIX. On lightly greased surface (I use PAM) turn out dough and knead gently about 5 times. Pat dough flat to about 1/2 - 3/4 inch thickness. Cut with a cup or mason jar lid or if you are fancy a biscuit cutter. I like my biscuits big so I double the recipe and use the biggest cup we have. Place on nongreased cookie sheet and bake @ 450* for about 11 minutes.

Comments